Join Our Team
We are always looking for self-motivated individuals to join our team. Lucas Oil Speedway is an equal opportunity employer.
The Administrative Assistant/Receptionist provides clerical assistance to administrative staff and department heads when needed, screens visitors, operates the telephone systems to answer calls and direct them to appropriate personnel, and manages office equipment and supplies. Assist in managing all accounting and Book Keeping operations based on accounting principles
Responsible for performing confidential file and records maintenance and related administrative duties as directed by senior personnel within the office. This position will work with all members of the Lucas Oil Speedway Office Staff.
- Answering phone calls, taking messages
- Perform general office duties such as typing, operating office machines, and sorting.
- Place materials into storage receptacles, such as file cabinets, boxes, bins, or drawers, according to classification and identification information.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Analyzes information and options by maintaining and developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Accounting skills
- Book Keeping
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Commitment to a team environment
- Verbal Communication
- General Math Skills
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word/Excel/Google Docs)
- Professional presentation and conduct
- Must be responsible and self-managed
- Must have excellent follow-up and tracking skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out each essential duty satisfactorily.
About Lucas Oil Speedway
The Lucas Oil Speedway is considered by Industry Insiders to be one of the top five Race Tracks in the Nation. Located in Wheatland Missouri, about an hour north of Springfield and only about an hour and a half from Kansas City. Referred to by many as "The Diamond of Race Tracks" and it certainly lives up to that title. Twenty one luxury VIP suites, a giant HD Jumbo Tron Screen, Musco Sports lighting, a Bose Stadium sound system, Go Kart Track for all ages, The Diamond Bar, the best track food in the country, and the nicest pits in dirt track racing are just a few of the amenities that set us apart. In 2011 the Inaugural Diamond Drag Boat Nationals made a splash at the Brand New Liquid Quarter Mile, Lake Lucas. Known as the only purpose-built drag boat racing lake in the world, more than 140 drag boats competed in the first ever event.
We host some of the largest dirt track events in the Midwest featuring some of the biggest names in racing including: The Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, POWRi Midget National Series, The Lucas Oil Pro-Pulling League, Casey's General Stores USMTS Modifieds, Lucas Oil Drag Boat Racing Series, ASCS Sprint Cars, and The Lucas Oil MLRA.
The Lucas Oil Speedway 2018 season begins April 7 with the Big Adventure RV Weekly Racing Series opener. An open test and tune is scheduled for March 31.
For ticket information, including season passes for all events, contact Admissions Director Nichole McMillan at (417) 282-5984.
Lucas Oil Speedway is located at Highways 83 and 54 in Wheatland, Missouri. A campground with shower and bathroom facilities is also available. With its entrance located just outside the pit gate this sprawling scenic camping facility will continue to enhance the racing experience at the Diamond of Dirt Tracks.
Click LucasOilSpeedway.com for more information and detailed directions to the speedway or call the Track Hotline at (417) 282-5984.